shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Stanton Sievers" <ssiev...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RPC Transports Testing
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:54:55 GMT
Hi all,

I'm investigating a change to Shindig's RPC layer to allow the container
script to load in a separate frame than that of the container content,
i.e., the frame in which we render the gadget iframes.  The RPC layer has
several transports to support different browsers.  I have two questions:

Is there a statement somewhere of what browsers are supported by Shindig
or Shindig's RPC?  The rpc feature source documentation indicates browser
versions but I'm not sure if this list is complete.

What is the best way to test the RPC layer?  I see that a test container
exists at /container/rpctest_container.html and this is what I've been
using to test my preliminary changes to rpc.js and wpm.

Thanks,
-Stanton