shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Feng Zhang <kf.zh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What request will go into GadgetsHandler
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 14:44:13 GMT
Hi,

Just checked past archived mailing list, but unluckily not found any clue
about how this GadgetsHandler.java works.

I found in DefaultGuiceModule.java:

   /**

   * Sets up multibinding for rpc handlers

   */

  protected void registerGadgetHandlers() {

    Multibinder<Object> handlerBinder = Multibinder.newSetBinder(binder(),
> Object.class, Names.named("org.apache.shindig.handlers"));

    handlerBinder.addBinding().to(InvalidationHandler.class);

    handlerBinder.addBinding().to(HttpRequestHandler.class);

    handlerBinder.addBinding().to(GadgetsHandler.class);

  }

So I guess GadgetsHandler.java is for rpc request, right?

Simply access http://localhost:8080/rpc/gadgets/@metadata.supportedFieldswill
not reutrn something, because JsonRpcServlet will check if this is a
jsonp request or along with some param like as "method" id "id".

I just want to make sure if my guess is correct. And I also want to know
under what request the method in GadgetsHanlder will be executed:

  @Operation(httpMethods = "GET", path = "/@metadata.supportedFields")

  public Set<String> supportedFields(RequestItem request) {

    return ImmutableSet.copyOf(beanFilter

        .getBeanFields(GadgetsHandlerApi.MetadataResponse.class, 5));

  }

I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin Zhang (凯峰)