shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Dev G <devg...@live.com>
Subject Can I use Shindig to integrate an app which is not written in OpenSocial?
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:55:31 GMT

Hello,

I am new to Shindig so it may sound stupid question to you.

So far I have read that if an app is written in OpenSocial then it can be interfaced with
Shindig.

Based on docs, it says - Apache Shindig is a container for hosting social application consisting
of four parts:

• Gadget Container JavaScript:
• Gadget Rendering Server:
• OpenSocial Container JavaScript:
• OpenSocial Data Server:

So does it mean if an app does not have the above four parts, I can not integrate it with
Shindig?

Please reply. I am a newbee here and you all seems to be experts in this.

Thanks.

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing™ now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try bing_1x1