shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Tschetter" <eched...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initialization exception
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 23:46:17 GMT
> Jan 2, 2009 6:52:30 AM
> org.apache.shindig.common.cache.ehcache.EhCacheCacheProvider createCache
> INFO: Creating cache named httpResponses
> Jan 2, 2009 6:52:30 AM
> org.apache.shindig.common.cache.ehcache.EhCacheCacheProvider createCache
> INFO: Creating cache named gadgetSpecs
> Jan 2, 2009 6:52:30 AM
> org.apache.shindig.common.cache.ehcache.EhCacheCacheProvider createCache
> INFO: Creating cache named messageBundles
> Jan 2, 2009 6:52:30 AM org.apache.shindig.common.JsonContainerConfig
> loadContainers
> INFO: Loading resources from: containers/default/container.js
> Jan 2, 2009 6:52:30 AM org.apache.shindig.common.JsonContainerConfig
> loadResources
> Reading container config: containers/default/container.js
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: com.google.inject.ProvisionException:
> Error
> while locating instance bound to
> org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.Renderer
> for member at
> org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.GadgetRenderingServlet.setRenderer(Ga
> dget
> RenderingServlet.java:42)

You haven't actually included enough to figure out what went wrong.  A
"ProvisionException" from Guice means that Guice was unable to get a
valid instance for an object.  I've seen this most often with
RuntimeExceptions thrown out of constructors (there should be a
stacktrace following the line that you pasted) but I believe I've also
run into it before with a provider returning null.

What the line there says is basically "I was looking to instantiate an
object of type Renderer to pass in to setRenderer on a
GadgetRenderingServlet, but there was an error finding the Renderer".

--Eric Tschetter