shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <henn...@schmiedehausen.org>
Subject Shindig release version - rewriter code
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 04:17:23 GMT
Hi,

currently digging a bit deeper into the release-branch codebase:

There are now a number of content rewriters implementing the ContentRewriter interface:

AppendingRewriter
CajaContentRewriter
CaptureRewriter
CSSContentRewriter
DefaultContentRewriter
HTMLContentRewriter
NoOpContentRewriter (sic!)
RenderingContentRewriter

Of those, only CajaContentRewriter, DefaultContentRewriter,
HTMLContentRewriter and RenderingContentRewriter are actively used (in
DefaultGuiceModule and the ConcatProxyServlet) in the code (some
others are used in the tests but I don't really care about them).

The DefaultContentRewriter in turn is closely tied to CssRewriter,
ProxyingLinkRewriter, HtmlRewriter, JavascriptTagMerger,
LinkingTagRewriter and StyleTagRewriter. All of this is tied into Caja
code.

For the 0.7 Shindig integration I got away with mostly ignoring these
parts. :-)

It seems that now I will have to put some work into that area of
Shindig. So my very basic question is: What of the content rewriting
is *needed* to implement the spec? As I can see, most of the
Css/HtmlRewriter code does sanity checking on the structure of the
HTML and CSS code. Or could I pull most of the code without losing
much of the functionality?

Thanks.

        Ciao
            Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen - Palo Alto, California, U.S.A.
henning@schmiedehausen.org "We're Germans and we use Unix.