shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Evan Gilbert <uid...@google.com>
Subject Re: Proposal To Branch for 1.0 Today
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 01:52:03 GMT
FWIW, I'm +1 on 0.8.1 and -0 on 1.0.x (not going to -1 it but think it will
be a headache).  I think it will be a big source of confusion trying to map
Shindig revisions to spec revisions:

OpenSocial <-> Shindig
0.8.1          1.0.23
0.9.0          1.1.7
0.9.1          1.2.23
0.9.1          1.3.3
1.0.0          1.4.7
2.0.0          3.5.8

This may be a little different than other cases because our major Shindig
revisions will be very closely tied to spec revisions for a while to come. I
don't think this is often the case.

Anyway, just wanted to give my support for the 0.8.1.x versioning.

Evan