shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Mark D Weitzel <>
Subject appData query...
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 22:10:33 GMT
Maybe someone can answer a quick question regarding an appData query using
vanilla shindig.

When I request the following:

What is returned is:

This seems to make sense since there is no {appId} parameter specified,
and in the canonicaldb.json, the "size" and "count" fields don't appear to
be associated with any specific appId.  However, I was looking for the
text in the spec (e.g. section 6.4 of the restful API) that indicated this
was a valid query.   If the {appId} parameter is left off, then you return
all {appId} values?

If I then make the request:
What is returned is:

I'm probably reading canonicaldb.json incorrectly, but I don't see where
the same two fields, "size" and "count" are associated with an {addId} of
"1".  I expected an empty result for this query.  Can someone help clarify
this for me?

-Mark W.

Mark Weitzel | STSM | IBM Software Group | (919) 543 0625 |