shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Astha Bhatnagar" <asthabhatnagar2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to fetch data from shindig
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:38:30 GMT
Hi Ajay,
Shindig uses ajax calls and no browser allows cross domain ajax calls. In
your case you are using two domains container.abc.com adn shindig.abc.com.
So browser sends exception for that(red in firebug). there could be more
than one solution for this. the one I know is use Reverse Proxy at the
server which can map calls from one end-point to different end-point.

You can also read mail thread "what happend to output=js" in which Kavin
Brown has suggested some more solutions.

Hope that make some help to you :-)

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:46 PM, ajay singh
<ajay.singh@tekritisoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi All
>
> My container is running at container.abc.com on a server and shindig is
> running on shindig.abc.com on a different server , But when I run an
> application and it request for any data like( friend), post request is not
> going on "http://shindig.abc.com/social/rest/" It becomes red in firebug.
> anyone can please help me.
> Do I need to do any setting on container or shindig server.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ajay

Astha