shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Astha Bhatnagar" <asthabhatnagar2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Esprit - PHP Shindig based Social Networking Site (SNS)
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:16:31 GMT
Thanks for your inputs Chris.

Let me take this opportunity to clarify that esprit is not a derivative work
of partuza. Esprit has been written from scratch by our R&D team. :) We have
used only one javascript file which we are working on to license as per the
derivative work requirements. We ourselves are APL 2.0

In addition it is not just php which we have been working on, we have been
actively working on the Java implementation (project- zing) which we
announced some days ago (http://code.google.com/p/zing).

The idea behind esprit is to have a simple SNS which is compatible with
OpenSocial using Shindig. Hence you would find more commonly used SNS
features in esprit. Today we stand at a point were we can share this to the
world and keep improving as we from now on. Hope that esprit helps more
people into the world of opensocial and Shindig. :)

Esprit major features

   1. Esprit shows friends album pics on the user home page
   2. making online Photo Albums.
   3. Communication with friends through public messages like scraps and
private messages like email.
   4. Notifications for scrape and friend requests
   5. Esprit provides updates of friends activities on user's home page

best regards,
Astha