shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Cassie <d...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic height with content type="url"
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:08:49 GMT
Arun -

I *think* Kevin was referring to the last part of this thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-shindig-dev/200802.mbox/browser

I always get confused by the ifpc stuff :), but the main idea I gathered
from that is that the gadget is no longer on a domain that we trust and
control (because it is just whatever url the gadget specified). This means
that we can't use the current solution for ifpc, where the whole parent page
creates an iframe in the same domain as the gadget iframe and vice versa,
because the parent page would have to create an iframe in the same domain as
that random site. I believe that the ifpc_relay.html would also be a problem
because we would have to trust that the gadget's site has the correct file
up in the right place.

(I also gathered that we could eventually fix this though, it just wasn't
trivial)

Let us know if i screwed up that explanation or if neither Kevin's thread
nor my response makes sense.

- Cassie