shale-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Eggert" <regg...@proteus-technologies.com>
Subject Clay not escaping strings?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:31:55 GMT
I'm using Clay with HTML templates in an application on which I am working.  In several cases,
I refer to managed bean properties directly in my template text (e.g., <p>#{mybean.prop}</p>).
 I recently noticed MyFaces' ReducedHTMLParser throwing exceptions about malformed HTML.
Not finding any problems in my HTML template itself, I looked at the generated page source
and discovered that in cases where a managed bean property contained special characters (in
my case, less-than and greater-than signs), Clay is apparently not escaping them before rendering
them.

Is this a bug in Clay or a "feature" (or a configuration problem on my part)?

Is there any workaround aside from putting calls to org.apache.commons.lang.StringEscapeUtils.escapeHtml()
in every managed bean "getter" method that returns a String or wrapping all references in
<f:verbatim escape="true">?

I'm using Shale v1.0.4.

Rich Eggert
Member of Technical Staff