shale-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Passing data between a dialog and a subdialog
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:23:39 GMT
On 7/23/07, marc.jaeckle@sdm.de <marc.jaeckle@sdm.de> wrote:
> But is there also a way to do that in the xml dialog definition. Something like
> <subflow-state id="searchPart" flow="search-part-flow">
>    <attribute-mapper>
>       <input-mapper name="someobject.carType" as="carType" />
>       <output-mapping name="partNumber" as="someObject.partNumber"/>
>    </attribute-mapper>
> </subflow-state>
> (Web Flow example)

<snip/>

 * Basic implementation:

   No, there isn't a declarative way to do that via the
dialog-config.xml. However, feel free to open an enhancement request
via JIRA [1] about making data flow easier / more elegant across
parent-child dialogs (if there isn't one already, please check
existing tickets).

 * SCXML implementation:

   Subdialogs receive the same dialog data (same instance of data
class) so there is no need for any such elaborate mechanism.

-Rahul

[1] http://shale.apache.org/issue-tracking.html