shale-user mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: SV: s:inputSuggestAjax an Shale/Clay - ValidatorInputRenderer Type problem, the defaultRenderer wrapped is of the needed type - how to expose?
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 00:18:57 GMT
>From: Hermod Opstvedt <hermod@opstvedt.com>
>
> Hi
>
> Disregard this. I had forgotten to configure Chain in my web.xml file.
> However the situation remains unchanged. The configured method is not beeing
> called and the Ajax post is hanging (loading according to firebug). The
> PropertyListenerCommand is now beeing called and does what it is supposed to
> (I think).
>
> When I debug it, the following line:
>
> propertyHelper.setValue(child, attributeBean.getName(), mb);
>
> has:
> child:
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.suggestajax.inputsuggestajax.InputSuggestAjax
> attributeBean.getName():suggestedItemsMethod
> mb: #{post.getCities}

Hermod, make sure that shale-validator library is not included in the web app.  Torsten reported
on the myfaces list [1] that the shale validator library was wrapping the renderer for this
component.  This component uses an interface to handle the PPR.  Since the renderer was decorated,
the interface was not exposed.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-users/200705.mbox/%3c1178274475.14818.4.camel@SF100.friends%3e

> Hermod

Gary