shale-user mailing list archives

From "Alessio Harri" <>
Subject BEA don't support shale on Weblogic Server 9.2
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:10:36 GMT

I have been having a problem deploying the shale-usecases app to WLS 9.2 and I
found a solution by hacking shale-validator-1.0.4.jar as I posted here

After logging a support issue will BEA , this was the response I got

Hi Joe,

Please see the response from BEA backline:

Having searched the support site, there is no reference stating that WLS supports the shales
The only articles found refer to dev2dev blog entries from people stating that we should support

I don't believe we can support the customer using this technology on WLS at this point.

Thanks and Kind regards,

So it looks like we cannot use Shale on WLS 9.2 because our company will never allow it without
This seems crazy to me because WLS 9.2  does support JSF including Myfaces.
Does shale-usecases work on all other J2EE1.4 certified servers or are there other servers
with this problem ? If it works on all the other servers then I will take this further with
BEA support.

Metropolitan is an authorised Financial Services Provider.

NOTE: This e-mail (including attachments) is subject to the restrictions, qualifications and
disclaimers (the "disclaimer") published at Please read the
disclaimer before opening any attachments or taking any other action in terms of this e-mail.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an e-mail to
or contact and a copy will be sent to you.
By reading this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of
the disclaimer.

Metropolitan Life subscribes to KPMG, a completely independent crime disclosure service -
make a contribution to the establishment of a fraud free environment by reporting any suspicion
to the KPMG Hotline
 * RSA     0800 22 14 18
 * NAMIBIA 0800 00 00 77