shale-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transparent Dialog Data?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:22:22 GMT
On 11/6/06, Torsten Krah <tkrah@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:

> Hi again :-).
>
> If i want to access my dialog data, i have to use
> #{dialog.data.myproperty} for example.
> Reading some papers of Craig, there was once plans to make this
> transparent - which would be nice because i can reuse my view
> definitions for dialog views and non dialog ones.
>
> Whats the state at this front? Is there already any progress?

How do you mean "transparent"?  Are you wanting to simply use the same views
inside a dialog and outside?

Your best strategy would be to build a simple session scoped bean, stored
under key "dialog", that has a "data" property containing your state
information.  When executed outside a dialog, the normal expression
evaluation process will be performed, so expressions like "#{
dialog.data.myproperty}" will still work as you expect.

Torsten

Craig