shale-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tom Pasierb (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SHALE-456) Tld2Claycfg has problems with encoding
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:35:12 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-456?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_41519
] 

Tom Pasierb commented on SHALE-456:
-----------------------------------

running the following program:

Locale loc = Locale.getDefault();
System.out.println(loc.toString());
System.out.println("---");

System.out.println("file.encoding property: " + System.getProperty("file.encoding"));

System.setProperty("file.encoding", "utf-8"); // doesn't seem to work
String defaultEncoding = new InputStreamReader(new ByteArrayInputStream(new byte[0])).getEncoding();
System.out.println("def encoding: " + defaultEncoding);

gives the following output:

pl_PL
---
file.encoding property: Cp1250
def encoding: Cp1250


I've tried setting "file.encoding" property to utf-8 both programatically and as a system
property (using "set file.encoding=utf-8" in windows) but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

If you expect the files' to be encoded in utf-8 maybe you could pass the encoding to the reading
function (if there is such an option).

> Tld2Claycfg has problems with encoding
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SHALE-456
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-456
>             Project: Shale
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Clay
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.4
>         Environment: windows xp, maven 2.0.7,
>            Reporter: Tom Pasierb
>
> I'm trying to use Tld2Claycfg tool to convert trinidad, tomahawk and tomahawk tlds to
clay config files. In order to do this I've checked out 3 projects, built & installed
tld2claycfg and mojo projects and configured pom in test project. 
> When I run the mvn clean package goal I the the following exception indicating there's
some problem with encoding (all the dependencies were downloaded to my local repo). Is there
any config property or system property I should set when running the goal ? 
>  
> The exception is: 
> javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: Underlying stream encoding 'Cp1250' and input paramter
for writeStartDocument() method 'utf-8' do not match. 
> at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.writeStartDocument(XMLStreamWriterImpl.java:1182)

> at org.apache.shale.clay.util.TldToClayconfig.writeConfigFile(TldToClayconfig.java:435)

> at org.apache.shale.clay.util.TldToClayconfig.convert(TldToClayconfig.java:275) 
> ... 
> [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE 
> [INFO] 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
> [INFO] !TldToClayconfig.exception: !javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: 
> Underlying stream encoding 'Cp1250' and input paramter for writeStartDocument() method
'utf-8' do not match.: Underlying stream encoding 'Cp1250' and input paramter for writeStartDocument()
method 'utf-8' do not match. 
> If you need more info on this, please let me know

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message