shale-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ken Paulsen (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SHALE-360) NPE in shale on GlassFish
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 03:00:57 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-360?page=comments#action_39112 ] 
            
Ken Paulsen commented on SHALE-360:
-----------------------------------

Thanks Craig for the quick responses.  Yes, as you suspected, it works correctly when I reorder
the servlet mappings.  Thanks also for adding the responseComplete check, I think this is
a good idea even if it is unlikely.  I'll try out the FACES_SERVLET_MAPPING_INDEX and FACES_SERVLET_NAME
to test them out, from the descriptions it sounds like both will also solve this.

Thanks!

Ken

> NPE in shale on GlassFish
> -------------------------
>
>                 Key: SHALE-360
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-360
>             Project: Shale
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Remoting
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.3
>         Environment: GlassFish v2 build 28
>            Reporter: Ken Paulsen
>         Assigned To: Craig McClanahan
>             Fix For: TBD
>
>
> The following are the stack traces I received.  It seemed to be intermittent.  I think
another bug occurred in Dynamic Faces related to GlassFish restoring session state across
server restarts.  After deserialization, transient variables were not restored... I don't
know if something similar is happenning here, but could be.
> [#|2006-12-10T23:13:23.158-0800|INFO|sun-appserver-ee9.1|com.sun.jsftemplating|_ThreadID=12;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-8080-0;|WEBUI0004:
The requested resource (/static/META-INF/libs/scriptaculous/version1.6.4/prototype.js) is
not available.|#]
> [#|2006-12-10T23:13:23.159-0800|WARNING|sun-appserver-ee9.1|javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.lifecycle|_ThreadID=12;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-8080-0;_RequestID=1de3fe2b-e48e-435e-9976-ce30efc56ed4;|phase(RESTORE_VIEW
1,com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextImpl@594680) threw exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
null
> org.apache.shale.remoting.impl.MappingImpl.viewId(MappingImpl.java:300)
> org.apache.shale.remoting.impl.MappingImpl.mapViewId(MappingImpl.java:227)
> org.apache.shale.remoting.faces.RemotingPhaseListener.afterPhase(RemotingPhaseListener.java:94)
> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:278)
> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:244)
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:398)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:277)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:255)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:188)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:586)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:73)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:186)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:586)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:556)
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1032)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:137)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:586)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:556)
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1032)
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:250)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:618)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.processNonBlocked(DefaultProcessorTask.java:549)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:790)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTask(DefaultReadTask.java:326)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:248)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:199)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:252)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.WorkerThreadImpl.run(WorkerThreadImpl.java:103)
> |#]
> I had accidentally missed the Dynamic Faces init parameter... I thought it was related
to that (note standard lifecycle above).  But after installing the init-param, clearing the
generated directory in GF, and restarting the whole server... I still had an exception from
shale:
> [#|2006-12-10T23:18:56.641-0800|INFO|sun-appserver-ee9.1|com.sun.jsftemplating|_ThreadID=12;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-8080-0;|WEBUI0004:
The requested resource (/static/META-INF/libs/scriptaculous/version1.6.4/prototype.js) is
not available.|#]
> [#|2006-12-10T23:18:56.642-0800|WARNING|sun-appserver-ee9.1|javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.lifecycle|_ThreadID=12;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-8080-0;_RequestID=4921981e-6383-4aa8-9655-f474eec508e3;|phase(RESTORE_VIEW
1,com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextImpl@b07848) threw exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
null
> org.apache.shale.remoting.impl.MappingImpl.viewId(MappingImpl.java:300) org.apache.shale.remoting.impl.MappingImpl.mapViewId(MappingImpl.java:227)
org.apache.shale.remoting.faces.RemotingPhaseListener.afterPhase(RemotingPhaseListener.java:94)
> com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:278) com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
com.sun.faces.extensions.avatar.lifecycle.PartialTraversalLifecycle.execute(PartialTraversalLifecycle.java:79)
> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:244)
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:398)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:277) org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:255)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:188) org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:586)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:73)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:186)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:586)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:556)
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1032)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:137)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:586)
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:556)
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1032)
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:250)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:618)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.processNonBlocked(DefaultProcessorTask.java:549)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:790)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTask(DefaultReadTask.java:326)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:248)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:199)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:252)
> com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.WorkerThreadImpl.run(WorkerThreadImpl.java:103)
> I had it working at one point, I don't know if I did something to break it or if it's
intermittent.  It might not be shale's fault, it may be Dynamic Faces or the app server which
has an error message on startup w/ the init-parm for Dynamic Faces in place:
> [#|2006-12-10T23:24:08.654-0800|WARNING|sun-appserver-ee9.1|javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.lifecycle|_ThreadID=10;_ThreadName=main;_RequestID=82a8ab26-627d-4681-8565-5c574f07d7db;|LifecycleId
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.PARTIAL does not exist|#]
> [#|2006-12-10T23:24:08.656-0800|SEVERE|sun-appserver-ee9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=10;_ThreadName=main;_RequestID=82a8ab26-627d-4681-8565-5c574f07d7db;|WebModule[]StandardWrapper.Throwable
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cant create Lifecycle for id: com.sun.faces.lifecycle.PARTIAL.
>        at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleFactoryImpl.getLifecycle(LifecycleFactoryImpl.java:226)
>        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.init(FacesServlet.java:170)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1165)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:994)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4689)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5081)
>        at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:299)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1189)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:924)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1189)
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:520)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:916)
>        at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.start(WebContainer.java:839)
>        at com.sun.enterprise.web.PEWebContainer.startInstance(PEWebContainer.java:750)


-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message