shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shale web page
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:34:08 GMT
(moved to dev)

On 4/16/08, Greg Reddin <gredbug@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  Since Greg mentioned he'd be away, I've tried to rectify it. Waiting
>  >  for the sync.
>

> Thanks, sorry about that. I guess the mvn release:perform did that.

<snip/>

Yup, it did.

Looks like we're not configured to prevent that (IMO, it should skip
site deploys by default when packaging is pom, but thats a longer
detour :-). Going forward, we should do three things:

1) Lock plugins in master pom's <pluginManagement>

2) For release plugin in (1) have this:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.0-beta-7</version>
  <configuration>
    <goals>deploy</goals>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

3) Override release plugin (to permit default configuration including
site deploys) in parent pom's <pluginManagement>.

-Rahul