shale-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: Misc
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:19:49 GMT
On 1/13/08, Wendy Smoak <> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 11:41 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <> wrote:
> Quite a descriptive subject line you've got there. :)
> > But after that...
> >
> > What will happen with:
> > -a release
> > -the myfaces move ?
> I can help with Maven build issues, but I'm unlikely to have time to
> drive a full release.
> (I offered to release *just* the shale-test jar, but the consensus
> seemed to be a desire to release the entire thing.)

I am in favor of releasing the entire thing this time around.

In general, it might be more overhead, but fragmentation produces
another set of issues. I think testing and interoperability between
various modules etc. came up last time this was discussed. Once a
branch goes GA, it might make sense to release piecemeal on occassions
since there tend to be lesser moving targets.

In particular, I understand that shale-test is largely independent,
but the above influences my preference :-)

I'm pretty much traveling till end of February, so I'm left wondering
whether I can squeeze some time for RM'ing a framework release (I'll
confirm by replying to this email within a week). I'm also traveling
with my ThinkPad running WinXP, so I may need help in setting up a
working m2 environment (I believe I will need Cygwin so I can use the
release plugin and command-line svn etc. -- time to get that -- any
other tips? :-).

In the meantime, it'd be great to get the preparatory tasks out of the way:

 * Decide which branch to cut release from (unless we have two people
volunteering) -- v1.0.5 or v1.1.0? I don't have a preference here.

 * I believe consensus is to drop shale-tiles in favor of
functionality in Tomahawk (need to remove shale-tiles and reference in
parent etc.)

 * Need to release shale-master (if no other changes are needed there)

Anything else?


View raw message