shale-dev mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept the Shale Clay Plugin for Eclipse contribution
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:35:13 GMT
>From: "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com>
>
> 2007/7/15, Gary VanMatre :
> >
> > I don't think we can use a standard maven setup to build the plugin
> > project (any ideas?).
>

> At Struts the "sandbox" is also a Maven project (child of "struts-master"),
> and the "sandboxed projects" are children of project "sandbox".

That's a good idea and how some of our sandbox projects are organized.  I was being very vague
in my question.  The eclipse plugin needs several dependent jar files but I don't believe
there is an archetype for an eclipse plugin project.  I believe that you have to use the IDE
to deploy a plugin project so that it can be used.  I think we could use maven to pull the
dependent jars for a maven repository but I'm not sure of the best way to override the default
behavior of a "jar" archetype.  The plugin expects the dependent jars to be in a "lib" folder
under the project folder.

I'm just learning about these plugin projects so any tips on the best way to manage would
be greatly.

> Antonio

Gary