shale-dev mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: Possible Contribs
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:16:29 GMT
>From: "Ian.Priest" <Ian.Priest@opsera.com>
>
> Hi,
>

> I have a couple of possible contributions...
>

> 1. Clay locale-aware import: When using clay to import an html
> file, will attempt to load locale specific files in the style of a
> message bundle. So if the file name is basename.html will attempt to
> load (in order):
>

> baseName + "_" + language + "_" + country + "_" + variant +
> ".html"
>
> baseName + "_" + language + "_" + country + ".html"
>
> baseName + "_" + language + ".html"
>
> baseName.html
>

> Done by over-riding protected ComponentBean
> getRootElement() in Clay.java. Very handy for internationalisation!
>

> 2. Property expansion just like in ant property files, but in
> LoadBundle. Use LoadBundle to load a property file and use properties
> internally in the file like this...
>

> property.world=World
>
> property.helloworld=Hello ${property.world}
>

> Done by some extra processing in the get() method of the
> map. (If in the example above ${property.world} can't be found it'll
> return "Hello ??property.world??")
>

> Both changes are in project-specific extended classes, so not quite
> "contrib-ready", but if there's enough interest in these new features
> then I'll spend a couple of hours updating base classes and uploading.
>

> It'd also be useful to know the proceedure for a contrib: raise a jira
> and attach a patch file?

Those ideas are very interesting.  I worked on a web application that was a front-end for
retirement services that we miss-used the "variant" of the locale to represent various customers.
 This allowed us to easily skin the site and since is was based in the US, we didn't have
a use for the language aspect :--).

JIRA is the best way to share source.   This sounds like a useful feature.

> Cheers,
>
> Ian.

Gary