shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject shale-view fix and process (was: ... 1.0.4 released)
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:54:19 GMT
On 1/23/07, Greg Reddin <gredbug@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/23/07, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I am pretty fine with a 1.0.5 instead of 1.0.4.1 ;)
>

> Me too :-)

<snip/>

I definitely understand the desire for the fix to be available (and
released). But I am even more interested in the process. Framework
releases are coarser granularity and need more cycles, but provide a
nice one-stop shop for all artifacts that work together. Modules are a
finer granularity, and we can perhaps be more nimble releasing them,
but we haven't released them separately.

I was really looking for a discussion whether we want to go the latter
route here, because that will entail a new set of procedural bits to
be worked out (such as whether the shale-view-fix.jar is made
available separately, what is its version number etc.).

Going for a 1.0.5 without such a discussion is jumping the gun, IMO.
Its possible we will have other comparable scenarios down the road. So
lets pause and use this to create a process which will last Shale a
lifetime, or half.

-Rahul