shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mirror v104? (was: RESULT ...)
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:10:37 GMT
On 1/11/07, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> Struts posts a test build for a couple of weeks and then votes on the
> release and quality at the same time. If theres alot of change then
> the release might get voted initially as apha or beta. Once the
> release has been out there a while and there are no apparent problems
> we can vote again to upgrade the quality. It hasn't typically happened
> this way though because it has usually taken cutting several releaes
> before getting one without issues - so by the time we've voted a GA
> release theres often been at least a couple of betas before that.

<snap/>

Here is the relevant recent example I mentioned in the last post ( [1]
followed by [2] in a couple of weeks ) from tomcat's (recently
improved) process. If and when I RM another Shale release, it will
come with a quality marker to begin with (might as well be alpha, but
mentioned explicitly). I prefer a release vote over a test build (that
was not voted on).

In any case, let me get back to completing the v1.0.4 release tasks.
Many thanks for your input.

-Rahul

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=116695917620851&w=2
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=116801203312451&w=2