shale-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Shale version 1.0.4
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 05:04:06 GMT
<snip/>

> * The sample apps have the version number in their archive names,
>   but the embedded directory, and the name of the WAR file inside,
>   does not.  Looking at the entire release, I have a mild preference for
>   including the version number everywhere it's relevant.

<snap/>

Agreed. FWIW, I had a medium preference (> mild) but m2 wasn't doing
it for me. Need to figure out how to appease it.

> * The NOTICE.txt files all contain the attribution to David Geary and
>   Cay Horstmann for the code originally published in Core JavaServer Faces.
>   This was exactly correct up to 1.0.3, but when we split everything up, I
>   *think* the only module that actually contains such code is the
>   shale-validator module (and we'd also want the attribution in the top
> level
>   framework notice as well).  That will need to be researched before we
>   change anything, though.

<snip/>

We should open a JIRA issue against 1.0.5-SNAP for this. I'll do it
when I conclude the vote (if its not there by then).

> * In addition to not publishing the POMs for shale-master and shale-apps
>   in a standalone artifact (see previous discussion in this thread), we are
>   also not publishing the sources to the top level website.  That's OK since
>   they are accessible via SVN, but we should include these files in any
>   discussion of what to do about the POMs.

<snap/>

You mean what we see at http://shale.apache.org/ ? Those sources are
there, in the framework zip, under src/site.

-Rahul