servicemix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: Upgrading Camel...
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:07:47 GMT
Btw. there is also the vm: component which allows you to communicate
between bundles... and of course there always is jms :-)
In fact I always use camel directly in Karaf and have not faced bigger
issues where I would have missed the NMR.

Am 13.04.2012 16:42, schrieb
> I found this to be surprisingly difficult. I was motivated by a raft of
> improvements in Camel 2.9.x, especially better Blueprint support, but I ran
> into lots of package import-export problems and this:
> so eventually, I switched to using Camel in Karaf without ServiceMix.
> Luckily, our integration problem was simple enough that I could switch from
> using the NMR to using Camel's SEDA component. I'd like to switch back
> before our integrations get more complex (which they always do {grin}).
> Of course, YMMV.
> ---
> A. Soroka
> Software and Systems Engineering
> the University of Virginia Library
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM, James Carman
> <>wrote:
>> Is it okay to upgrade the existing version of Camel that's bundled
>> with ServiceMix?  We would like to upgrade to Camel 2.9.x.  If so,
>> what's the easiest way to do so?  Do we just have both versions
>> running inside the container?

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect
Talend Application Integration Division