servicemix-users mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServiceMix-4.3 examples/simple/wsn.xml not working due to unresolved dependencies
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 11:48:26 GMT
Hi,

Basically SMX4 leverage pax-url to look up artifacts during runtime,
you can take a look at etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg to get ideas
where pax-url will try to find the artifacts, roughly the sequence is
SMX4_HOME/system folder
your maven local repo folder
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories listed in  etc/
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg
so if it can't find it locally, it will use remote url to download.

Once find and install the bundle, it will cache it in SMX4_HOME/data
folder, so unless you remove the data folder, it won't try to find the
artifacts which already get installed.

So if you don't have internet connection, you need ensure your maven
local repo have all necessary bundles,  or the nexus as I mentioned
before is also a popularly used solution, only this nexus server can
access internet but your production server is still in the intranet.

Btw, FuseSource provide offline repo with each FUSE ESB release which
typically address the concern you encountered here, but it's not free.

Freeman