servicemix-users mailing list archives

From Scott Came <scott.c...@search.org>
Subject Resource-only bundles
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:09:47 GMT
Is there an example somewhere of a bundle project that includes only resources (no Java classes)
to make them available to other bundles?

I have a file a.txt.  I put it in src/main/resources/dir1/dir2/a.txt.  Then I put this in
my pom:

	<build>
		<defaultGoal>install</defaultGoal>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
				<extensions>true</extensions>
				<configuration>
					<instructions>
						<Export-Package>dir1/dir2</Export-Package>
					</instructions>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>

My intention is then to import this package in another bundle, then within Java code in that
other bundle use Pax Classpath to get a stream to a.txt and process from there.

But I am blocked at creating the bundle.  When I do a mvn install on the above project/pom,
it builds the bundle just fine, and puts dir1/dir2/a.txt in the bundle jar.  But there is
no Export Package header in the manifest.  And as you'd expect after I install the bundle
and do "headers [bundleid]" I do not see an Export-Package header there.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
--Scott