servicemix-users mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Install snapshot bundles
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 00:14:59 GMT
Hi,

These
        org.apache.avalon.framework;resolution:=optional,  << RED

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration;resolution:=optional,  << RED

told us that the optional import package org.apache.avalon.framework
not get resolved correctly which cause the exception you encounter

The avalon-framework-api.jar and avalon-framework-impl.jar you
installed here isn't OSGi friendly bundle yet.
You can see there's no expected OSGi meta headers
Bundle 241
----------
Manifest-Version = 1.0
Archiver-Version = Plexus Archiver
Built-By = jheymans
Build-Jdk = 1.4.2_09
Created-By = Apache Maven

I just create SMX4-854[1] and SMX4-855[2] to track issues to create
OSGi bundles for  avalon-framework.

Btw, you can always use wrapper handler to install OSGi unfriendly jar
which can add OSGi headers automatically.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-854
[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-855

Freeman

On 2011-6-3, at 上午12:25, Scott Came wrote:

> [...]
>        org.apache.batik.svggen,
>        org.apache.batik.transcoder,
>        org.apache.batik.transcoder.image,
>        org.apache.batik.transcoder.keys,
>        org.apache.batik.transcoder.wmf.tosvg,
>        org.apache.batik.util,
>        org.apache.commons.io,
>        org.apache.commons.io.filefilter,
>        org.apache.commons.io.output,
>        org.apache.commons.logging;resolution:=optional,
>        org.apache.commons.logging.impl;resolution:=optional,
>        org.apache.tools.ant;resolution:=optional,
>        org.apache.tools.ant.types;resolution:=optional,
>        org.apache.tools.ant.util;resolution:=optional,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.fonts,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.codec.png,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.pipeline,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.spi,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.util,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.rendered,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.writer,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.java2d,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.java2d.color,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.java2d.ps,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.ps,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.ps.dsc,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.ps.dsc.events,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.ps.dsc.tools,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.util,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.util.io,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.util.uri,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.xmp,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.xmp.schemas,
>        org.apache.xmlgraphics.xmp.schemas.pdf,
>        org.w3c.dom;resolution:=optional,
>        org.w3c.dom.svg;resolution:=optional,  << RED
>        org.xml.sax,
>        org.xml.sax.ext,
>        org.xml.sax.helpers
>
> Any assistance you can provide in getting these resolved would be
> much appreciated.  For convenience, here again is the snippet of
> osgi:list for these bundles.  I wonder if the Avalon ones are not
> OSGi bundles (the way the description shows up indicates that
> perhaps they are not).
>
> [ 236] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   60] Apache
> ServiceMix :: Bundles :: xmlgraphics-commons (1.4.0.1-SNAPSHOT)
> [ 237] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   60] Apache
> ServiceMix :: Bundles :: batik (1.7.0.1-SNAPSHOT)
> [ 241] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   60]
> mvn:org.apache.avalon.framework/avalon-framework-api/4.3.1
> [ 242] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   60]
> mvn:org.apache.avalon.framework/avalon-framework-impl/4.3.1
> [ 245] [Active     ] [            ] [       ] [   60] Apache
> ServiceMix :: Bundles :: fop (1.0.0.1-SNAPSHOT)
>
> Here is some additional info that may help:
>
> karaf@root> headers 241
>
> Bundle 241
> Manifest-Version = 1.0
> Archiver-Version = Plexus Archiver
> Built-By = jheymans
> Build-Jdk = 1.4.2_09
> Created-By = Apache Maven
>
> Do I need to install the Avalon bundles from somewhere else?

>>> instantiates
>>> org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory, I still get the same stack trace as