servicemix-users mailing list archives

From jdart <jd...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.hibernate-validator: Unable to find a default provider
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:52:53 GMT

I think this still may be broken in the OSGi environment in the case where
you are configuring for a specific provider class (in my case I am using
Apache Bean Validation). I am getting an exception at

javax.validation.Validation$ProviderSpecificBootstrapImpl.configure(Validation.java:223)

When I step through the code I see that it is calling the default validation
provider resolver to get the list of validation providers - and neither the
Osgi loading mechanism nor the services file mechanism is returning a
provider.

But it does not make sense to me that it is calling the resolver at all
because in this part of the code it already has the specific validator class
instance, so all it should have to do is instantiate it.