servicemix-users mailing list archives

From Eighty8 <ahami...@adobe.com>
Subject Replacing IdGenerator class
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:28:07 GMT

If I replace the IdGenerator class with a version that has the GenerateId
method NOT synchronized ( and the implementation just calling java.util.UUID
instead of using a sequence, will the runtime calls all start failing
because the whole application wasn't compiled against that class?

I wasn't sure if the 'synchronized' was just a runtime execution modifier or
a compile-time modifier.
Any thoughts?

I'm thinking to do this because I'm seeing eip block/deadlocking on
GenerateId call when high numbers of threads are active.