servicemix-users mailing list archives

From Chris Custine <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServiceMix 3 or 4 ?
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:31:17 GMT
Hi Ryan,
Just wondering if these problems you mention are happening on recent
SNAPSHOT builds of SMX4?  We have put in a lot of fixes and spent a lot of
time testing compatibility with JBI SA's over the past couple of months so I
am hoping that some of your issues are addressed.  If not please let us know
as we're hoping to do a ServiceMix 4.1 release very soon.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Ryan Moquin <fragility2.0@gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually ran into several backwards compatibility issues with SMX 4 when
> deploying SAs that work on SMX3.  I also ran into several classloader
> issues
> that don't exist in SMX3 (this is a common problem with OSGI is appears).
> One last thing, is that I have problems with SMX4 reliably deploying my
> SMX3
> JBI components.  It seems to randomly not deploy certain components when
> started up.  I'd have to start it several times before all my components
> would appear.  I ended up just moving back to SMX3 until SMX4 stabilizes
> some more.  Some of our other projects had the same issues with SMX4 and
> moved back to SMX3.  The unfortunate thing is that I can't create a simple
> test case to illustrate these problems since I can't figured out why SMX4
> deploys our JBI components so indeterministically, but SMX3 always deploys
> then without issues.
>
> Hopefully this helps a little.  If you go with OSGI, hopefully you will
> avoid the issues I mentioned above.
>
> Ryan
>
> 2010/1/6 Raphaël Delaporte <raphael.delaporte@gmail.com>
>
> > Ok, I think I'm a bite confused ...
> > Where are the new OSGi components (or I think we call it bundle) ?
> > Is it possible to use only OSGi (and just forget and throw away JBI) in
> the
> > SM4 version ?
> >
> > In a pure OSGi environnement, there is no more SU/SA ? just some bundles
> ?
> >
> > This was a little classpath issue. In my xbean.xml file, I use the
> > xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context" namespace.
> > In
> > SM3, I don't need to add lib/spring-context.jar to the SU.jar. In SM4, I
> > need to include the jar.
> >
> > Thanks for your time !
> >
> > Raphaël.
> >

> > Le 6 janvier 2010 16:56, Grégory Le Bonniec <
> gregory.le.bonniec@gmail.com>
> > écrit :
> >
> > > So if I understand, your advice is to use OSGi components.
> > >
> > > Is there a OSGi component collection available (like for JBI : cxf,
> file
> > > ...) ?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Greg