servicemix-users mailing list archives

From KevanMoran <kmo...@a42.biz>
Subject Tutorial - issues with spaces in directory names
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 05:46:34 GMT

My desktop machine is Windows
My normal practice when evaluating tools is to download it into my
documents.
This means that the file path includes spaces.
This appears to cause many issues when trying the examples in the tutorials.
The errors returned are extremely uninformative
 Unable to deploy project, Error accessing ServiceMix administration
or similar.

The tutorial does not give you clue that this might be an issue.

I assume that there are ways to overcome this problem when one knows more
about Servicemix.

Is it simply an issue with how my development environment is set up -
something one can mandate to the developers - or is it a more general issue
to do with file paths - it would be much more difficult to mandate this to
application developers writing components in their own environments to put
files into drop folders