servicemix-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <>
Subject Re: JMS compatibility
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:26:15 GMT
On 11/7/07, Patrick Mulligan <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I understand that SMX uses an embedded AMQ instance.  A few questions:
> 1) Can the AMQ be swapped out for anohter jms impl?

ServiceMix depends upon ActiveMQ-specific features for it's
functionality. Because of this, another JMS provider cannot be used
internally, but ActiveMQ can easily create a JMS-to-JMS bridge to
other JMS providers:

Also, the servicemix-jms component can bridge to other JMS providers
based on the connection factory. Here is an example of bridging to IBM

> 2) REalizing that the jms is internal and effectively transparent except for clustering,
can jms endpoints/producers/consumers interact with other jms provider impls?

Yes, see above.

Apache ActiveMQ -
Apache ServiceMix -
Apache Geronimo -