servicemix-users mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Questions/ Doubts on SA/SU packaging and use of SpringJBIContainer
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:05:14 GMT
L.S.,

Not entirely sure if I understand your question...  You should be able
to configure your custom components in a servicemix-lwcontainer SU and
add this one to your SAs.  This way, you can simply deploy the SA and it
will contain the SUs based on standard JBI components as well as your
custom 'lightweight' components.

You can use the plain JBI classes (ExchangeFactory, MessageExchange,
...) for exchanging messages with other components.  You should probably
go and take a look at ServiceMix's own codebase to get good examples
(e.g. in TransformComponentSupport itself you can find an example of
sending an InOnly exchange starting on line 61).  By extending
TransformComponentSupport, you already have some methods available to
ease the task.  Another option would be to use ServiceMix's client API
(http://servicemix.apache.org/client-api.html).

If you write new POJOs, I would recommend you to start using
servicemix-bean JBI component, which supports annotations for helping
you integrate with the container (e.g. @Destination, @Resource to inject
a DeliveryChannel, ...)

Gert