servicemix-users mailing list archives

From "Mark T." <mark.tokh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServiceMix without Maven
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:03:59 GMT

kitplummer wrote:

> On 7/5/07, Mark T. <mark.tokheim@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> kitplummer wrote:

>> have

>> > I finally got my blog back up.  I'd posted a screencast of putting
>> > together a SU/SA package a while back - think it might be beneficial to
>> > see the power of the maven archetypes.
>> >

>> http://www.blackholelogic.com/assets/2007/7/5/servicemix-lwcontainer_screencast.mov
>> >

>> Thanks for all the info.   The main point I am curious to find out is
>> that
>> while most of the examples, in the links that were provided, use maven to
>> create SU/SA packages.  Is it possible to create functioning SU/SA
>> packages
>> with out using Maven?  Is there a significant difference in effort to
>> create
>> the packages in something other than maven?  Thanks
>>
>> --
>>

> I think you've answered your own question.  The lack of
> examples/documentation on using Ant to package JBI stuff would signify
> a difference of effort.  I believe some of the examples still have Ant
> builds - but, I don't think they really show any of the packaging
> (SA).  Might check the loan-broker example.
>
> Is there a reason why you want to stay away from Maven?

Thanks for the answer.    As a system administrator I am trying to determine
requirements for the use/support for ServiceMix and or Maven.   As Maven
would require an additional repository to maintain in my environment, I was
curious if not using Maven was an option; while still providing developers
the tools to develop and deploy packages to Service Mix.