servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkow...@gmail.com>
Subject [HEADS UP] Next releases
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2017 00:46:22 GMT
Hi all

ServiceMix 7.0.0 is almost ready. Here my proposal for the next releases:

  * 5.6.3 - upgrade to Camel 2.16.5 and CXF 3.1.9 and release the last version of the ServiceMix
5, next EOL
  * 6.0.x - EOL
  * 6.1.4 - upgrade to Camel 2.16.5 and CXF 3.1.9, some JIRA issues and the next release.
It would be nice to have Karaf  3.0.9 too, but when no plans for 3.0.9 in the near future
this upgrade can wait for 6.1.5. This branch would be alive as long we have new releases of
Karaf, Camel, ActiveMQ and CXF - next EOL of ServiceMix 6
  * 7.0.1 - upgrade to Camel 2.16.5 and CXF 3.1.9 (I have forgotten these releases while preparing
7.0.0) and eventual bugs from 7.0.0 and the next release.
  * 7.1.0 - upgrade to Camel 2.17.5 or 2.18.x (but the problem with installation together
with ActiveMQ must be solved first), Activiti 2.0.x and the JIRA tasks (profiles, ...). I'd
like to resurrect our  ServiceMix Extra repository and move there the integration with Drools/JBPM
6, because some dependencies for Drools above 6.0.2 are no more available in Central and it's
not clear whether we can simply use them.
  * ... Karaf 4.1.x, Cellar,  Documentation in AsciiDoc, Docker images, your ideas.... as
discussed with JB and Claus during ApacheCon, ServiceMix could become an Apache project which
could provide more interesting integration solutions so your ideas are warm welcome

Kindly regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)