servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Create one karaf feature repo per spring version in servicemix bundles
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 17:18:34 GMT
I don't really get the idea of separating the features from the bundles
from a code source point of view...
In the arguments you listed in your first email, having a separate
lifecycle is great, we can even have a different groupId.
Though it may be easier to maybe move things into 2 separate directories :
   bundles/
   features/
Even if they have different lifecycles, I think they will be released as
batches, same as it's happening for bundles, so I think it would have been
easier to have them in a single repo.
That said, it's definitely no big deal.

> Yes, it's the idea: move features on git, each module there with its own
> release cycle.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 01/30/2017 06:11 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I propose the servicemix-features subproject/repository (or you meant
>> something other?) We could move there later some other features from
>> ServiceMix which have another lifecycle than the assembly (e.g. the
>> activiti  /here the activiti proiect could be more suitable/ or drools
>> feature) and place there some new future features. In this case this
>> repository should also contain eventual glue code necessary to implement
>> the feature.
>>
>> I propose to migrate the old https://svn.apache.org/repos/a
>> sf/servicemix/smx4/features/ repository to git (servicemix-features),
>> move the old code to servicemix4 branch and start with an empty master fr
>> the new features.
>>
>> Kindly regards
>> Krzysztof
>>
>> On 30.01.2017 12:57, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Christian,
>>>
>>> adding the Karaf dev mailing list in copy.
>>>
>>> I agree with the proposal.
>>>
>>> Now, SMX Bundles are supposed to contain only OSGi bundle wrapper for
>>> non OSGi libaries (and jar generally speaking).
>>> As it's where we provide Spring bundles, it would be logic to have the
>>> corresponding feature, however, I see two issues:
>>>
>>> 1. It means that SMX Bundles will contain more than just bundle, it will
>>> also provide features. It would be weird for users to have a feature in
>>> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bund
>>> les.spring/4.3.5.RELEASE_1/xml/features URL for instance.
>>> 2. It means we will have one feature module for each sub-spring version:

--
Guillaume Nodet