servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Maven Plugins
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 06:04:55 GMT
1. +1 no problem to move to git
2. +1 to not move deprecated plugins and keep it in svn (attic)
3. +0 you can use git-modules and it's not a big deal to have git tag
(it's just a tag)

Regards
JB

On 09/20/2015 11:39 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
> Hi
>
> Our maven-plugins repository (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/maven-plugins/)
contains following plugins:

>    * checksum-maven-plugin
>    * depends-maven-plugin
>    * docs-maven-plugin
>    * features-maven-plugin
>    * jbi-maven-plugin
>    * res-maven-plugin
>    * servicemix-build
>    * xfire-maven-plugin
>

>   1. What do you think about migrating the plugin repository to git (servicemix-maven-plugins)?
>   2. The most of these plugins are connected to the obsolete technologies (like jbi-maven-plugin)
or have been moved to other projects (like features-maven-plugin). As far as I know, the depends-maven-plugin
is the only plugin which is currently often used (but perhaps I miss something). Can we assume,
all the plugins
>      (except depends-maven-plugins) are obsolete and will be not developed/maintained
anymore? If so, I would propose to include in the git repository only the plugins, which we
will still maintain.  Which of the above plugins (besides  depends-maven-plugins) should we
include in the new repo?  Of course, if one needs a
>      change in one of the obsolete plugins, the sources will be still available in svn
repository.
>   3. I was chatting with Christian and we agreed that the multi-module git repos with
separate releases for each module (like bundles) generate awful tags, containing not only
the released module but the whole repo. We must live with this in the bundles repo, because
of the huge number of bundles. But we have not too
>      many plugins. What do you think about separating the plugins in separate repos (e.g.
servicemix-depends-maven-plugin)?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org