servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Settings?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 21:48:43 GMT
Hi

I could successfully build the tag with maven 3.3.3, empty local repository and no setings.xml
file. This is my
configuration:

kso@lenovo:/tmp/servicemix$ mvn -v
Apache Maven 3.3.3 (7994120775791599e205a5524ec3e0dfe41d4a06; 2015-04-22T13:57:37+02:00)
Maven home: /home/kso/work/pde/dev/maven/apache-maven-3.3.3
Java home: /home/kso/work/pde/run/jvm/jdk1.7.0_71/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.16.0-41-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

It looks like you have problem with org.jboss.dashboard-builder:dashboard-builder-bom:pom:6.2.0.Final,
because maven
cannot find this dependency in Central. Indeed, this dependency is not available in Central,
but in Jboss Repository.
Looking in my build log I could find following:

[INFO] Building Apache ServiceMix :: Examples :: Drools :: Simple 6.0.0
Downloading:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/jboss/dashboard-builder/dashboard-builder-bom/6.2.0.Final/dashboard-builder-bom-6.2.0.Final.pom
Downloading:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jboss/dashboard-builder/dashboard-builder-bom/6.2.0.Final/dashboard-builder-bom-6.2.0.Final.pom
Downloaded:
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jboss/dashboard-builder/dashboard-builder-bom/6.2.0.Final/dashboard-builder-bom-6.2.0.Final.pom
(12 KB at 6.2 KB/sec)
[INFO]

The dependency is downloaded from the JBoss Repository. I'm not sure why. I have no custom
settings.xml adding this
repository nor any of ServiceMix poms adds this repository as well. Probably one of the parent
poms of the Drools BOM
adds  the repository and it is used to resolve the missing jar.

>From any reason your build doesn't use the JBoss Repository to resolve the missing jar.
Are you behind a proxy which
blocks the connection with this repository? You haven't included this part of the build log
which could give a bit more
information whether maven tried to use the JBoss Repository.

Could you try to add the  https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public repository
in your settings.xml and
check whether it helps? We should change our poms for the next release to make the usage of
the JBoss Repository not
necessary (if possible)

Regards
Krzysztof

On 09.07.2015 15:21, Mykel Alvis wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof,
> I created a gist [1]  that documents what's gone on so far.
>
> tl;dr version is that with Maven 3.3.1 and no settings.xml at all on an updated Mac,
"mvn clean install" gives me this
> (eventually):
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project drools-simple: Could not resolve dependencies
for project
> org.apache.servicemix.examples:drools-simple:bundle:6.0.0: Failed to collect
dependencies at
> org.kie:kie-api:jar:6.2.0.Final: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.kie:kie-api:jar:6.2.0.Final:
Could not
> find artifact org.jboss.dashboard-builder:dashboard-builder-bom:pom:6.2.0.Final in central
> (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]
>
> Mykel
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/mykelalvis/45bc723ef61a52087d5c
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkowiak@gmail.com <mailto:krzys.sobkowiak@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > Everything should be available in Central or in repositories included in the pom
file. Could you give more details

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect