servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CXF upgrade
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 06:00:10 GMT
Hi Krzysztof,

We should upgrade as soon as a corresponding Camel release is
available. The Camel features descriptor has a reference to the CXF
2.7.11 one, so if we upgrade to 2.7.12 in ServiceMix, we will end up
with two versions of those CXF features.  In the past, this has caused
issues both at build time (e.g. confusing the features-maven-plugin)
and at runtime (e.g. confusing our users ). It's been a while since we
tried it, so we can always give it another go - the technical issues
might be solved by now, but it would still leave the users
perspective.

Ideally, we would need a fix for KARAF-971 or some other way to tell
the FeaturesService to just ignore a lower/compatible version of a
features URL it already knows about.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen