servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Karaf 2.2.9 for the 4.5.0 release?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 14:56:07 GMT
L.S.,

As a preparation for the 4.5.0 release, I created JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1257 - I initially picked
version 2.3.0 of Karaf based on a recent mail by Claus on the dev@
list, but perhaps it would be better to go with the latest Karaf 2.2.9
release instead.

We already have the NMR and Features building against that version of
Karaf, so if we don't change that any more, we can start working on
our 4.5.0 release as soon as ActiveMQ 5.7.0 is available - there's a
new VOTE thread running for that at the moment, so we might even be
able to get everything ready and released this month.  We have been
talking about doing this Apache ServiceMix 4.5.0 release since the end
of May, so I would rather try and get it out as soon as possible.

After all, we can always do a 4.6.0 release once Karaf 2.3.0 (or even
Karaf 3.0.0) is out ;)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
FuseSource