servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Babak Vahdat <babak.vah...@swissonline.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2012-10-03 release
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:49:07 GMT
In fact looking at the camel-elasticsearch feature:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/platforms/karaf/features/src/main/resources/features.xml

I see a bundle dependency to "org.apache.servicemix.bundles.lucene" version
3.6.0_1

However I've got no idea HOW/WHO found it out to be the PERFECT match (BTW
this feature came through CAMEL-5219).

I don't even see how the usage of the OSGi version range can resolve this,
let's say [X,X+Y). To my understanding the "perfect" solution would be to
use/load the exact Class Bytecode of Apache Lucene being embedded inside the
provided JAR @ central repo. However I've got no idea how OSGi world could
provide this :-)

All in one in case the elasticsearch bundle would NOT work properly out of
the box just because the Apache Lucene being loaded @ OSGi runtime is not
compatible (even through the usage of a range as you proposed) then who
would be "guilty" one? I would say both elasticsearch as well as Apache
Lucene folks would say:

  "We never claimed to be OSGi-compatible! In fact it was Apache ServiceMix
providing some OSGi-Bundles through some OSGi-range hypothesis & magics".

Please excuse me if my answer appears blunt.

Babak