servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Babak Vahdat <babak.vah...@swissonline.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2012-10-03 release
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:55:37 GMT
Hi

Here you see the history of that file, however I don't know how important
that file is, e.g. would camel-elasticsearch stop working inside Karaf, etc
if that file is missing, I don't know. That said to me it's too risky...

https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/commits/master/src/main/resources/config/names.txt

And one question though regarding the missing org/apache/lucene folder (be
warned as I'v got ZERO knowledge of the OSGi stuff). How do we
know/guarantee that the Apache Lucene version being imported and available
at OSGi runtime (e.g. Felix, Equinox, etc.) has the CORRECT/MATCHING version
being required by elasticsearch and that it would make elasticsearch work
properly out of the box?

To be more precise, assume the folks @ elasticsearch have intensively tested
and released the version 0.19.9 with the Apache Lucene let's say version X.
Then @ OSGi Runtime the Version X+1 is the one which is available and gets
loaded into the VM through another bundle being installed & active. However
the X+1 has a change in it making it not binary-compatible with the expected
version X by elasticsearch 0.19.9 which on it's turn has been intensively
tested and verified with Apache Lucene version X embedded inside the JAR!
What happens then?

Babak