servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Toward ServiceMix 4.5.0 ?
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 08:41:40 GMT
L.S.,

That sounds like a good plan too. Now that we got ourselves on a decent
release schedule again (with 4.4.0, 4.4.1 and an upcoming 4.4.2 in less
than half a year) we just have to make sure we don't get ourselves stuck
waiting eternally for the next best thing again.  But if we can incorporate
the new version of ActiveMQ without delaying 4.5.0 for a long time, we
should definitely do this.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Another thought about SMX 4.5 could be to try to make that the
> officially Java 7 supported version.
> If we taget it to include
> - CXF 2.2.7+ (already Java 7)
> - Camel 2.10 (will support Java 7)
> - CXF 2.6.x (already Java 7)
> - AMQ 5.6.x (the AMQ team want to cut a Java 7 compatible release when
> Camel 2.10 is out)
>
> That would IMHO bring value to the SMX community, that SMX 4.5 will be
> a stable platform you can bet on,
> for the future. It its Java 7 compatible and uses at the time the
> latest of the other Apache products.
> And there will be patch releases issued of SMX 4.5.x that includes
> patch upgrades of these Apache products.
>
> That would be a release you could promote, blog about, and get the
> word out. That SMX is indeed kicking and alive.
>

> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
> > We are inline.
> >
> > I'm updating the version set to reflect that.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >

> > On 05/10/2012 10:08 AM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> >>
> >> Claus,
> >>
> >> Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well - there's no real value in an
> >> extra ServiceMix release that ships with the backlevel Camel/CXF
> versions
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Gert Vanthienen
> >> FuseSource