servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Towards ServiceMix 3.4 and 4.4
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 09:56:01 GMT
L.S.,

I thought we were going doing a big, all-in-one release this time around to
avoid running into the same problem we had last time, where the first bits
were out of date by the time we ended up doing the last bits of the release
cycle.  Anyway, at the very least, we will have to stick to the order
defined in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-880 because the NMR
has a dependency on Servicemix 3.x-SNAPSHOT at the moment which we will have
to resolve at release time.

The SMX4-880 is probably a good place to consolidate the work we do on
reviewing JIRA issues (just add the fix version links and a comment as soon
as we're happy with a component status in JIRA).

I am planning to work on the new packaging options for ServiceMix early next
week - if I can get that done in time, I think it would be a very nice
addition to this release (in fact, it would be the only major change to
ServiceMix itself apart from the dependency updates).

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com