servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Towards ServiceMix 3.4 and 4.4
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:09:44 GMT
Hi all,

now that Camel 2.8.0 and CXF 2.4.2 are out, I think it's the right time
to prepare a new ServiceMix release.

I propose to test and release in three steps:

* ServiceMix Components 2011.02
The components already uses Camel 2.8.0 and CXF 2.4.2.
I have a couple of issue to check, test, and fix.
This step includes the release of:
- ServiceMix Utils 1.5.0
- ServiceMix Components 2011.02
- ServiceMix Archetypes 2011.02 (we can bypass the archetypes 2011.01)

* ServiceMix 4.4:
To avoid Spring version mismatch with CXF, I propose to not update to
Karaf 2.2.3. ServiceMix 4.4 will use Karaf 2.2.2 (with Spring
3.0.5.RELEASE, as CXF 2.4.2).
NMR/Features already uses the target Camel and CXF version.
I have a couple of issue to check, test, and fix.
After that, I will make a whole test on the examples.
This step includes the release of:
- ServiceMix NMR 1.5.0
- ServiceMix Features (SMX4) 4.4.0

* ServiceMix 3.4:
The SMX3 trunk already uses the latest Camel and CXF release.
We have just a test failure on the servicemix-web distribution that I'm
going to review.
The same attention will be performed on the examples/samples.

* Website:
Waiting for the whole website refactoring (using Scalate, etc), I
propose at least to provide content on the existing (which use cwiki).
The purpose is really to explain and focus SMX4 (as I started some weeks
ago).

It would be great to start releasing end of the next week.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--