servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject New saaj-impl bundle....
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 18:40:39 GMT

I just committed a new bundle for saaj-impl 1.3.9.

It's actually a LARGE change from the current 1.3.2 .   One  of the problems
with SAAJ is that it subclasses some classes that are internal to the Sun JDK
and thus doesn't run on the IBM JDK unless you pull in an additional library
(jaxp-ri).

HOWEVER, pulling in jax-ri, due to it's META-INF/services, cause other issues
of having different parsers used, etc...   Thus, that solution sucks.   That's
my main issue is that I keep getting the jaxp-ri parser (which is complete
crap) instead of woodstox

For the new version, I'm having all the "com.sun.*" stuff that it needs pulled
into the bundle as well (but not the META-INF/services stuff).  Thus, the
bundle is self contained.   It runs fine on the IBM JDK.  It also runs fine on
the Sun JDK and doesn't require updating the jre.properties to export the
com.sun.org.apache.internal things.

The downside is the bundle is larger (2M instead of 300K).   HOWEVER, it
doesn't require the 4.5M jaxp-ri bundle so there is a net gain.

Does anyone see any issues with this approach?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org