servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Towards ServiceMix 3.4 and 4.4
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:28:52 GMT
Hi JB,

I strongly suggest we should wait camel 2.8.1 out, as Camel 2.8.0 are
still use CXF 2.4.1, we wanna use Camel 2.8.1 which also use CXF 2.4.2.

As Camel team already discuss to release 2.8.1 soon[1], so I think we
need wait for camel 2.8.1 out.
So the version should be Servicemix 4.4 use Karaf 2.2.2(to keep spring
3.0.5.RELEASE same as  cxf and camel), Camel 2.8.1 and CXF 2.4.2

[1]http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Apache-Camel-2-8-1-release-td4733505.html

Freeman
On 2011-9-2, at 下午4:09, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> now that Camel 2.8.0 and CXF 2.4.2 are out, I think it's the right
> time to prepare a new ServiceMix release.
>
> I propose to test and release in three steps:
>
> * ServiceMix Components 2011.02
> The components already uses Camel 2.8.0 and CXF 2.4.2.
> I have a couple of issue to check, test, and fix.
> This step includes the release of:
> - ServiceMix Utils 1.5.0
> - ServiceMix Components 2011.02
> - ServiceMix Archetypes 2011.02 (we can bypass the archetypes 2011.01)
>
> * ServiceMix 4.4:
> To avoid Spring version mismatch with CXF, I propose to not update
> to Karaf 2.2.3. ServiceMix 4.4 will use Karaf 2.2.2 (with Spring
> 3.0.5.RELEASE, as CXF 2.4.2).
> NMR/Features already uses the target Camel and CXF version.
> I have a couple of issue to check, test, and fix.
> After that, I will make a whole test on the examples.
> This step includes the release of:
> - ServiceMix NMR 1.5.0
> - ServiceMix Features (SMX4) 4.4.0
>
> * ServiceMix 3.4:
> The SMX3 trunk already uses the latest Camel and CXF release.
> We have just a test failure on the servicemix-web distribution that
> I'm going to review.
> The same attention will be performed on the examples/samples.
>
> * Website:
> Waiting for the whole website refactoring (using Scalate, etc), I
> propose at least to provide content on the existing (which use cwiki).
> The purpose is really to explain and focus SMX4 (as I started some
> weeks ago).
>
> It would be great to start releasing end of the next week.
>
> WDYT ?
>
> Regards
> JB
> --