servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle branches wrt new features
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:12:38 GMT
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've no clear idea if we should remove it or keep it in the branch.
>  This is a bit of a edge case as there is really no chances to introduce
>  bugs on existing components.   I think we need to reach a consensus
>  here, so that we can reach some kind of policy around that.
>
>  My personal opinion would be to only include it in trunk ...

Agreed. New features should only go into the trunk. Only bug fixes
should go into a branch unless there's good reason to do differently.

>  .. and don't be sorry, there's no problems, mainly because we have
>  never really discussed that.

Yep, we've not set up a policy yet, so it's not a problem. But it
seems like we should establish one since we've got a few new
committers.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/