servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Renaming ServiceMix Runtime
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:41:44 GMT
> It seems there is some confusion with the name "ServiceMix Runtime" in that
> people tends to think it's actually the JBI container.
> What about renaming it to  "ServiceMix MicroKernel" or something along those
> lines to remove this confusion (thanks to James for the name proposal) ?

Yeah - I'm liking that better, as folks might get confused if they use
or read about ServiceMix Runtime and don't see JBI/NMR and think
ServiceMix is moving away from JBI or something. The "MicroKernel"
name sounds a bit more descriptive - being the kernel rather than the
actual services like JBI / NMR / JAX-WS etc.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration